Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Oct 20 18:53:39 PDT 2004
On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:48:58PM -0400, David Parker wrote:
> If I have an existing database with a bunch of data in it, and I
> want to configure that database as a "master", is there anyway to
> get the existing data (created before replication was configured)
> to replicate to the "slave"? I may be mis-configuring something,
> but it seems that there's no direct way to get this data over to
> the slave, since the slony transaction log doesn't know about it.

It does this automatically when you add a node.  In fact, what people
would like is to _prevent_ that, because the current approach is
considerably less efficient than pg_dump | psql.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie