Jan Wieck JanWieck
Mon Oct 18 15:35:23 PDT 2004
On 10/17/2004 7:59 PM, cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info wrote:

>> After one hole day of testing :)
>>
>> The single master -> single slave was ok.
>>
>> But, what I need to implement is this.
>>
>> I have 15 databases at 15 points, all connected to internet, and
>> interconected using openvpn.
>>
>> Each point of sale have its own database different from each other, this
>> was tougth from design, that it could be easier to replicate N
>> differents database than N diferent tables.
>>
>> What I need, is to replicate, all 15 databases to a single server, in
>> that way, I can consolidate all information.
>
> You realize, I trust, that this will mean that the "consolidation server"
> will have 15 slaves, and that none of them can be modified...

Not necessarily.

If every of the 15 databases uses a different schema name, every one of
them could just be a separate "set" with a different origin. The
consolidation DB would then be the only subscriber to all those sets and
require only one slon (with 15 remote_listen, 15 remote_worker and a
bunch of other threads).

I also see a feature request for 1.1 here: Override the destination
schema name in the subscription.

Jan