hannu at skype.net hannu
Sun Oct 10 21:38:55 PDT 2004
Hi again ;)

now I've got the following situation

I did some subscription changes (slony 1.0.2, pg 7.4.5) and now I have
nodes 1 and 5 both subscribing to master node 2

the replication is happening, but both 1 and 5 ended up with subscription
option forward = yes

userdb=# select * from _userdb_cluster.sl_subscribe ;
 sub_set | sub_provider | sub_receiver | sub_forward | sub_active
---------+--------------+--------------+-------------+------------
       1 |            2 |            5 | t           | t
       1 |            2 |            1 | t           | t
(2 rows)

resulting in _sl_log_1 with ~3M rows

I want to stop them from forwarding, but a slonik script, that should do it
 subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 1, forward = no);
 subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 5, forward = no);

just runs silently to completion with no effect

What am I doing wrong/ what are my options

can I just set sub_forward=false and restart slon's ?