Curtis Zinzilieta curtisz
Sun Oct 10 18:58:24 PDT 2004
2 boxes setup, labsoft is master, ditto is the backup.  Copy schema
over to ditto, startup slon
on ditto and get:

[postgres at ditto postgres]$ ./slony-demon-host2.sh
CONFIG main: local node id = 2
CONFIG main: loading current cluster configuration
CONFIG storeNode: no_id=1 no_comment='Node 1'
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=1 pa_client=2 pa_conninfo="dbname=lab
host=labsoft user=postgres" pa_connretry=10
CONFIG storeListen: li_origin=1 li_receiver=2 li_provider=1
CONFIG storeSet: set_id=1 set_origin=1 set_comment='All labsoft tables'
WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread
CONFIG storeSubscribe: sub_set=1 sub_provider=1 sub_forward='t'
WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread
CONFIG main: configuration complete - starting threads
CONFIG enableNode: no_id=1
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: timeout for event selection
CONFIG enableSubscription: sub_set=1

The WARNS are curious, since there is no connectivity issues between
the machines
 (and a test replication of the same DB between two other test computers worked
fine earlier).  The ERROR lines are concerning, however.  Is this
indicative of an unrecovered error?

Then ran the subscribe set script on the master (again, had run
without error output on
other systems earlier) and got the following:

[postgres at labsoft postgres]$ ./lab_slonysetup_start_replication.sh
<stdin>:18: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_echo8".subscribeSet(1, 1, 2,
't');  - ERROR:  Slony-I: set 1 is not active, cannot change provider
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "subscribeset" line 41 at perform
[postgres at labsoft postgres]$

This looks much more problematic.  What is the indications of where I
have a problem?  I guess my thought is that I have some issue with my
schema, even
though I had run testing with the previous day's backup on different
computers.  Where
do I start debugging this, or is everything ok?  I expect I need to
make some kind of
corrections here, but don't know where to start.  Havent yet went digging thru
the sourcecode...

Thanks,

-Curtis