David Parker dparker
Sat Oct 9 19:06:22 PDT 2004
I have two databases, A and B, where B is the receiver and A is the
provider. When these databases get installed, table X has some default
application data in it.

The problem I'm having is that when I do the subscribe for table X, the
data in the receiver gets deleted as part of the ENABLE_SUBSCRIPTION
processing, but the default X data in the provider is not part of a
transaction that slony sees, so it never gets copied over.

It's not a lot of data, and I'm looking at getting this data installed
in a different way (post-replication configuration), but I'm wondering
if there is a way around this, or if I'm just missing something.

TIA for any suggestions.

-  DAP