Vivek Khera vivek
Mon Oct 4 17:05:07 PDT 2004
Well, I'm kind of leaning towards having the functionality to remove
indexes during the copy, then add them afterwards, but before the
replication continues.

Why?

Well, in my testbed, I'm *still* doing the initial copy since about
midnight friday of one of my large tables.  Granted, the machine isn't
that fast, but restoring the same DB on it takes only a few hours.

If I could specify to slon an SQL script to run on the slaves after the
initial copy that would recreate the indexes/unique constraints, then
I'm sure it would take less time to copy this table.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806