Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Nov 24 18:22:35 PST 2004
On 11/24/2004 12:13 PM, Slox Support wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Firstly can I say thanks to everyone who has helped me, I have finally
> managed to get replication working, thanks to the links that were
> provided.  However I do have one question about slony replication, I am
> now trying to replicate a large 200+ table database that contains
> sequences.  How can I also 'replicate' them to the slave postgresql
> server?

You want to use the command "set add sequence" like you use "set add
table". See

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?slonik_commands#stmt_set_add_sequence

Keep in mind though that a separate, lonely setval() or nextval() call
will not immediately cause a SYNC event and sequence propagation.
Sequence values are only replicated when there is something to do anyway
(caused by an update to a replicated table for example). To trigger a
SYNC event manually you could safely call

     select nextval('"_<clustername>".sl_action_seq');

That will be seen by slon on the next check and cause it to generate a
SYNC event.

Jan