Pallav Kalva pkalva
Thu Nov 18 19:12:26 PST 2004
Hi,

     Here are the sequence of the events I tried.

Node 1 (Master)
Node 2 (Slave)
Slony 1.0.5
Postgresql 8 Beta 4

     1)  Setup Replication between Master and Slave (works fine)
     2)  Ran Failover and Drop Node commands on Slave (works fine)
     3)  Tried to make Node 1 as Master now, rebuilt Node 1 , dropped
slony cluster schema on Node 2 , ran initialization script on
           Node 2 which is master now , started replication daemons both
on master and slave, ran subscribe script on Node 2 (master)  (works fine)
     4)  Ran Switchover script on Node 2 which is master now (works fine)
     5)   Node 1 is Master and Node 2 is slave now after the switchover
, tried to add a new table to the replication set . so, created the new
table manually thru psql on Node 1 and Node 2. ran the create new set
script on Node 1 (works fine)  --> New Set Script attached
     6)  Ran the subscribe script for the new set on Node 1 (FAILS) with
the following error :
<stdin>:18: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select
"_slony_example_usa".subscribeSet(6, 1, 2, 'f');  - ERROR:  Slony-I:
subscribeSet() must be called on receiver
--> Subscribe script attached
         Why should I call this on receiver ? before failover i used to
same procedure to add a new set and it worked fine.

    Can any one please tell me what am I missing here or is this
somekind of bug ?

Thanks!  a lot
Pallav