Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Wed Nov 17 20:51:23 PST 2004
On November 8, 2004 09:55 am, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to apply some more improvements to the 1.1 branch of slony making
> it more pg_dump friendly. I'm wondering if there is a compelling reason to
> continue to have sl_table.tab_reloid and sl_sequence.seq_reloid reference
> pg_class.oid, instead of storing the fully qualified name ?

Ok I've done some tests, and beat some code around and have pretty much
discoverd that there is no "nice" way to convert to name usage and have ALTER
TABLE foo RENAME bar work and not break replication under some cases.  So at
this moment I'm inclined to extend sl_tab and sl_seq to include the relname
and namespace (FQN). Add a new slonik command that can be used to update the
sl_tab/seq reloids based on the FQN (and the reverse), and also run this
after any execute script.  Having said this, I have an option of storing the
FQN in 1 field, in the form of  "namespace"."relname", or we can break it out
into 2 cols, one for the namespace, and one for the relname.

This is your chance to voice your opinions on this.

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.