Pallav Kalva pkalva
Wed Nov 17 15:17:24 PST 2004
Hi,

     I am in the process of testing the Slony replication , I am
replicating a table from Node 1 (master) to Node 2 (slave). In order to
test the failover scenario, i ran the failover command on Node 2 (slave)
and made Node 2 master now after running the failover command and also i
ran the "drop node" command which will take out the Node 1 completely
from replication.
    Now, I want to make Node 1 as master and make Node 2 as slave,
assuming the Node 1 was offline while i was running the failover and
drop commands on Node 2 , also assuming that some of the last
transactions didnt get replicated over to Node 2. After few hours if the
Node 1 comes up with all the data and everything is in place as it was
before it went down.
    What should I do now ? do i have to drop all the table data even the
data which was not replicated to Node 2 and take a backup from Node 2
restore on Node 1 and start the whole replication allover again with
initializing cluster, running slon daemons and subscribing the
replication sets ?  or can I keep the table data on Node 1 as it is and
start the replication allover again , will this keep my tables in sync
with same data on both the  nodes ?

Thanks!
Pallav