Jan Wieck JanWieck
Thu Nov 11 21:56:01 PST 2004
On 11/11/2004 4:40 PM, Rod Taylor wrote:

>> > I should mention that the disk isn't thrashing memory in and out, so I
>> > don't think that most of the memory is actively used.
>>
>> ... which supports the theory of a leak ... (not that I have enough
>> information to go hunting).
>
> I've got a backup of the master (source) from about mid-way through the
> slon process, including all of the slony log data. I don't have a copy
> of the slave at the same point.
>
> If you can tell me how to use a newly restored master to go through the
> process again (and how to get a profile or the information needed), I
> can probably dig up the 1/2TB of diskspace required to give it a try.

The thing is, I have used valgrind to get memory leaks out of slon as
far as I can. And if it is a general memory leak, the long-term runs I
am doing here at home should show "something" at least. Is it possible
that this employs a memory leak inside of the 7.2 libpq? Gotta check the
7.3 and 7.4 release notes ...

Jan