Rod Taylor pg
Thu Nov 11 02:31:58 PST 2004
On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 09:25 -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> The declare'd statement which finds the 2000 or so statements within a
> "snapshot" seems to take a little over a minute to FETCH the first 100
> entries. Statement attached.

After bumping the snapshots to 100, it managed to get through the
contents of the 48 hour transaction within about 8 hours -- the 48 hour
transaction was running while slony was doing the COPY step.

I think Slony could do significantly better if it retrieved all sync's
which have the same minxid in one shot -- even if this goes far beyond
the maximum sync group size.

- Have Slony track the last minXid for a sync group.
- If the new minXid for the current Sync Group is the same as the
previous, see if there are other Sync's with the same min. If there are,
add them to the current group and process them all a single extra large
group.