Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Nov 10 16:11:44 PST 2004
Stefan Kruger wrote:

> If I have a node x subscribing a set from node y for a while, and then
> unsubscribing it, followed by a later resubsciption to the same set,
> according to the documentation means:
>
> 'Resubscribing an unsubscribed set requires a complete fresh copy of
> data from the provider to be transferred since the tables have been
> subject to possible independent modifications.'
>
> My question is: how is this done -- is it a single transaction for the
> lot, or is the remaining data prior to resubscription wiped first, and
> then trickle-fed until the replication has caught up?

It'll be a mixture of the two:

1.  Things start with a COPY SET event, which, as one big transaction,
wipes out what's in the tables on the subscriber, copies the entire set
of data in the replication set at the point in time at which the event
starts;

2.  Once the "big transaction" goes in, the syncs since that point in
time "trickle in" until the subscriber has caught up.

It is exactly equivalent to how you populate a brand new subscriber.
--
http://cbbrowne.dyndns.info:8741/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Sandbox/SlonyIAdministration