Julian Scarfe julian
Thu Jun 10 14:00:10 PDT 2004
Just built and tested the beta using the sample scripts provided -- great
stuff folks, nice job!

Assuming I'm not missing a limitation of Slony-I, current or otherwise,
could someone suggest a slonik setup for single master multiple slaves
please?  I'm currently running on a single host with a single postmaster.

If nodes 2 and 3 are both slaves of node 1, what paths and listen entries
should I establish?

I've tried setting up paths and listeners 1<->2 and 1<->3 but as soon as I
subscribe node 2 to the set, slon on node 3 dies with:

PGRES_FATAL_ERROR ERROR:  insert or update on table "sl_subscribe" violates
foreign key constraint "sl_subscribe-sl_path-ref"
DETAIL:  Key (sub_provider,sub_receiver)=(1,2) is not present in table
"sl_path".

psql stest3 -c 'select * from _test1.sl_path'
 pa_server | pa_client |               pa_conninfo                |
pa_connretry
-----------+-----------+------------------------------------------+---------
-----
         1 |         3 | dbname=stest1 host=localhost user=julian |
10
         2 |         1 | dbname=stest2 host=localhost user=julian |
10
         3 |         1 | dbname=stest3 host=localhost user=julian |
10
(3 rows)

(Full report on request if I'm not doing something Obviously Dumb!).

Thanks

Julian Scarfe