Julian Scarfe julian
Sat Jul 31 10:58:40 PDT 2004
Has Dan's patch been updated for the 1.0.1 version?  Or even better, do we
have a set of RPMs for Slony?

If the answer to both is no, I'll do my best to provide them.

Julian Scarfe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <dan at berrange.com>
To: <slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:15 PM
Subject: [Slony1-general] Updated RPM build patch

Attached is a patch for the CVS tip to try & fix the RPM building
code I originally provided. To apply & build an RPM of Slony,
do the following (as a normal user, not root):

 * Setup a local (ie non-root) RPM build tree:

    mkdir $HOME/rpm
    mkdir $HOME/rpm/{RPMS,SRPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,BUILD}
    mkdir $HOME/rpm/RPMS/{i386,i686,noarch}
    echo "%_topdir $HOME/rpm" > $HOME/.rpmmacros
    echo "%_debug_package %{nil}" >> $HOME/.rpmmacros

 * Install the postgresql source RPM & run upto the
   build stage. (ie Compile, but don't package)

    rpm -ivh postgresql-7.3.4-9.src.rpm
    rpmbuild -bc $HOME/rpm/SPECS/postgresql.spec

 * Force build of libpgport.a (not sure why this wasn't
   being built for me in first place)

    cd $HOME/rpm/BUILD/postgresql-7.3.4/src/port
    make libpgport.a

 * Get a checkout from CVS & apply the patch

    cvs checkout slony1-engine
    cd slony1-engine
    patch -p1 < $HOME/slony1-engine-rpm.patch

 * Now configure slony

    ./configure --with-pgsourcetree=$HOME/rpm/BUILD/postgresql-7.3.4

 * Finally make the RPM

    make rpm

If you're lucky & all goes well, you should end with an
RPM of slony in $HOME/rpm/RPMS/i386 which you can install!

BTW, I've only tested this on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, so
your mileage may vary....

Dan.