Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Wed Jul 28 23:07:37 PDT 2004
On July 26, 2004 11:50 pm, Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:
> In dealing with a setup that has thousands of relations, I got the
> following error when trying to set things up via a dynamically
> generated slonik script:
>
> <stdin>:9991: ERROR: parser stack overflow at or near public.<my table>'
>
> I just figured I would mention this as a possible limitation. The
> workaround will be to set things up in stages, I guess, but is there
> anything that can be done to configure slony to avoid the stack
> overflow?
Any chance you can send me the output of your dynamic script that you are
feeding to slonik so that I can attempt to come up with a working patch for
you.  At this point I'm inclined to think that the problem lies in your
script.  A nested recursion depth of 10,000 (which is the default) should me
more than enough to handel any DB setup I've ever seen.

Also if you would like to try the following patch, it appears to solve a
problem where slonik would segfault, if you were to fail to pass in an
optional parameter. It may solve the issue for you but I'm not expecting it
would.

http://www.dbitech.ca/dbutil.patch

> -tfo

Darcy Buskermolen