David Parker dparker
Tue Jul 27 14:55:18 PDT 2004
I would like to start building a small set of perl tools for my slony
system (add/remove a host to a cluster, add a new table to a set,
reporting, etc).

I would like to use an actual API to access the db, rather than piping
psql output, mainly because I forsee some cases where I might want to
have connections to multiple hosts open at the same time.

But I haven't used DBI before, and I'm having difficulty discovering how
to hook it in to postgres. One posting in the archives (which are
incredibly slow today, it seems) mentioned DBD:PG, but I can't seem to
find that on cpan.org.

I realize this is not really a slony question, but any guidance getting
me started would be appreciated. Which API should I use? Where can I
find it?

Apologies for the somewhat off-topic post....

Thanks.

-  DAP