Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Jul 27 14:24:39 PDT 2004
Thomas F.O'Connell <tfo at sitening.com> writes:
> In dealing with a setup that has thousands of relations, I got the
> following error when trying to set things up via a dynamically
> generated slonik script:
>
> <stdin>:9991: ERROR: parser stack overflow at or near public.<my table>'
>
> I just figured I would mention this as a possible limitation. The
> workaround will be to set things up in stages, I guess, but is there
> anything that can be done to configure slony to avoid the stack
> overflow?

[Aside: I suspect you meant "to configure slonik to avoid the stack
overflow"...]

One way would be to not use slonik, but rather to directly use the
plpgsql function that is used to add tables to the set:

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
-- FUNCTION setAddTable (set_id, tab_id, tab_fqname, tab_idxname,
--  tab_comment)

If you threw in a custom sequence to generate tab_id values, this
could be used alongside a query against pg_class (joined against
itself in order to locate suitable indices) to generate the table set
all in one query.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>