David Parker dparker
Mon Jul 26 15:43:49 PDT 2004
Say I have 2 geographically separated data centers, East and West, where
is West is the "warm" backup for East. In East I have 2 databases, A and
B, where B is a "hot" backup for A, so A is the "master" in that
replication cluster.

I'm wondering about the best way to set up replication for my database
C, in the West data center. It is the second level back for A, but I
would like to avoid adding the load on A of having C making requests
against it to get updates.

My thought was that I could set up B as the master for C, so when B
replicated from A, it would trigger a further replication to C, but C
would only need to connect to B. So the replication chain would be:
A->B->C.

Would this work, or does C need a connection to A for some reason?

-  DAP