Jan Wieck JanWieck
Fri Jul 23 12:04:23 PDT 2004
On 7/21/2004 3:55 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 12:47:02PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
>> We already require a fairly modern version of PostgreSQL, and
>> requiring (say) Perl 5.6 or better is really not onerous.
>>
>> What say ye?
>
> I say that Solaris 8 and AIX 5.1 do not have such a Perl.  The best
> you can assume is 5.003.  And even then, you might not have it.

Can we make a difference between the core engine (which must build of
course with tools that are required to build PG only) and the admin and
config scripts/tools?

There is no need to run slonik or any other tool on AIX. All those
functions can happily live remote. Only slon and the backend modules
must work.

Jan