Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Fri Dec 10 21:54:05 PST 2004
James Black <jfb at iparadigms.com> writes:
> Thanks for the quick reply.  In this simple test case, the two tables
> that I'm adding are empty; the application will handle filling the
> master at some point after the database is prepared.  However, I've
> run into a strange problem: I can't subscribe the new, temporary set.
> Here's the script that I'm using (assume the env vars are correct):
>
> ${SLONIK} <<EOF
> cluster name=$CLUSTER_NAME;
> node 1 admin conninfo = '$MASTER_CONNINFO';
> node 2 admin conninfo = '$SLAVE_CONNINFO';
>
> echo 'create a new temp set';
>
> try {
>    # 110 is the current MAX(tab_id)
>
>    create set ( id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, comment = 'temporary
> set' );
>
>    echo 'new set created';
>
>    set add table ( set id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, id = 111, full
> qualified name = 'public.foo' );
>    set add table ( set id = $TEMP_SET_ID, origin = 1, id = 112, full
> qualified name = 'public.bar' );
>
>    echo 'new tables added';
>
>    subscribe set ( id = $TEMP_SET_ID, provider = 1, receiver = 2,
> forward = no );
>
>    echo 'subscription ok';
>
> } on success {
>    echo 'OK!';
> } on error {
>    echo 'failure!';
> }

One problem here is that you're sticking the SUBSCRIBE SET inside the
try block.

That's just not a useful thing to try{} to do.

Take it out of the try block, or perhaps even put it in a separate
Slonik script, and you'll find it easier to debug what's going on...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>