Sean Kirkpatrick Sean.Kirkpatrick
Wed Dec 1 13:49:07 PST 2004
There could be a couple of problems you're experiencing here:

1) Slony has to be installed on each node involved in the replication cluster.

2) xxid.so is one of the libraries that is installed after you build and install slony.  It is installed in your postgres library directory.  For me this is: /usr/local/pgsql/lib .  Do you have multiple versions of postgres installed?

--Sean Kirkpatrick

This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer and files. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material contained herein is strictly forbidden. Pipeline Trading Systems, LLC - Member NASD & SIPC.
-----Original Message-----
From: slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org
[mailto:slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org]On Behalf Of
betty_sun0
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:15 AM
To: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
Subject: [Slony1-general] Slony-I 's runtime Error!Please help me!

Slony-I product member:
        How do you do!
    I try install Slony-I both version 1.0.2 and 1.0.5 hava a Error:
<stdin>:39: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR load '$libdir/xxid';  - ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory
<stdin>:39: Error: the extension for the xxid data type cannot be loaded in database 'dbname=slony_db2 host=10.10.11.21 user=postgre'
this Error is run script :
#--------script content start---------------------
#!/bin/sh

CLUSTERNAME=slony_db2
MASTERDBNAME=db2
SLAVEDBNAME=db2
MASTERHOST=10.10.11.12
SLAVEHOST=10.10.11.21
REPLICATIONUSER=postgre
PGBENCHUSER=postgre

slonik <<_EOF_
    cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

    node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST user=$PGBENCHUSER';

    init cluster ( id = 1, comment = 'Master Node' );

    #table add key (node id = 1, fully qualified name = 'public.history');

    create set ( id = 1, origin = 1, comment = 'All pgbench tables' );

    set add table (set id=1 , origin=1 , id=1 , fully qualified name = 'public.accounts' , comment='Table accounts');
    set add table (set id=1 , origin=1 , id=2 , fully qualified name = 'public.branches' , comment='Table branches');
    set add table (set id=1 , origin=1 , id=3 , fully qualified name = 'public.tellers' , comment='Table tellers');
    #set add table (set id=1 , origin=1 , id=4 , fully qualified name = 'public.history' , comment='history table' , key = serial);

    store node (id=2, comment = 'Slave node');

    store path (server = 1, client = 2, conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER');

    store path ( server = 2, client = 1, conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST user=$PGBENCHUSER');

    store listen ( origin = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2 );
    store listen ( origin = 2, provider = 2, receiver = 1 );
_EOF_
$
I try most method,but Error is alway like this.please help me!and tell me how to resolve this error.very much thank you for your help.

os : SunOS 5.8
postgre version : 7.4

wait and eager for your answer!