Ben bench
Mon Aug 30 02:49:13 PDT 2004
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get slony going on my 7.4.2 postgres install on linux,
and I'm running into problems.

Things seem to be going great until I start up slon on the slave. I see
this:

WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread

Then, once I start replication, I see a lot of stuff like this on the
slave:

WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: transactions earlier than XID 109105155
are still in progress
WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for set 1 failed - sleep 15
seconds

I've read reports that libpq sometimes needs to be compiled with thread
safety turned on, but the same things say that's not the case on linux.
So.... thoughts?